We finally closed on the sale of our house today. We were supposed to close last week, but the buyers had some complications with their lender. We were getting a little frustrated and nervous every day we went without signing. That's a huge relief. Adjusting to apartment life has been interesting. We try to get out a lot. Everyone is doing pretty good except Tanner has had a really tough time adjusting with his sleep. So, that makes it hard on everyone. I hope he gets back to normal soon. He is usually very structured with naps and bedtime--a nap at about 12:30 until about 4:00 and then to bed by 8:30. I usually just put him in his bed and he falls asleep on his own just fine. Well, ever since we moved he thinks he doesn't need a nap and has a hard time going to sleep at night. Oh joy! We are having fun.
Our new house is coming along just fine. All the drywall has been hung and now they are mudding and taping. They should be starting the exterior (hardi plank) next week. Now that we are living in a small apartment, we are even more anxious for our new place to be done. They are still telling us the middle of Sept. at the earliest and the end of September at the latest. It better be done before General Conference.
School starts in just over 2 weeks. Braeden is going to love it and I am really excited for him, but a little hesitant too. This whole kindergarten thing is a new phase of life for our family. All of a sudden our plans are going to revolve around the school calander. It will be really good for him, I think he's getting a little bored at home. He loves to learn and is such a smart little stinker. He saw me scrapbooking on the computer and wanted to learn. I taught him a few quick things and before I knew it he had a page made with pictures of him and his friend Katie, he had text, embellishments, a background, and was really having fun with it. NO, it's not just a girly thing. I was impressed that he could figure it out so easily. Since both Jeff and I have degrees in business, we were really impressed the other day when he was making plans for a lemonade stand. I asked him if he wanted to have it by Katie's house. He told me that wouldn't work. He said he'd rather have it by the bus stop sign in front of our apartments. When asked why, he said that he could get more customers there because there were more people and more traffic here (which is all true). What a little business man. Forget KINDERGARTEN--HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL here we come. What a character.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No doubt that you two would have little business geniuses! I had a dream about you the other night. I dreamt that you were in this very, very small apartment (like one small bedroomand a kitchen) and you couldn't go anywhere because your car was sandwiched between two semis. You and your kids were outside playing. Your eyes were bloodshot, but you still had a smile on your face! Hopefully, apartment living isn't THAT bad. It will make you love your new house all the more.
I'm super excited that things are working out so great for you and your new home. I hated seeing you in the other ward though. James asked about Carter over and over during Nursery. We miss you guys.
Your little Braeden is going to be a great business man, that is impressive!!
Post a Comment