Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Party's Over

We just wrapped up our third day of celebrating Jeff's birthday! We went to Chili's last night to celebrate on his actual birthday. Then we went to our house to check on the progress. They had done a lot of the finish work. All the moldings around the doors and windows are in and all the wonderful closet shelves are in! The interior railings are supposed to go in today which will be great because it's pretty dangerous for the kids there until those are in. We have a loft area upstairs that overlooks the staircase so it's a big random drop off. I can't wait to see the progress tonight. They are almost done with the exterior work, then we'll post a picture that will really show what our finished product will look like on the exterior. Then we went out to get get our taxes from a guy that was reviewing them for us. I guess that wasn't so fun. TAXES depress us!

Saturday we went to a waterpark for Jeff's birthday. We actually just let the kids think that Saturday was his actual birthday. By the time we got home and had his birthday dinner...french toast with strawberries and whipped cream (one of his favorites) and bacon, it was too late to do cake and ice cream. So, we extended that part of the celebration to Sunday.

The boys love all the birthday excitement--especially Braeden. He just loves to plan everything and help buy the party supplies. He is always so insistent that we have party hats and horns. I HATE party horns! Ugh! Oh well. He loves planning birthday parties. He has his birthday parties all planned out for the next 95 years I think--his six year old party he wants to go to Chuck E. Cheese's for a friend party--I think the next year he wants to go bowling. The other day he even brought up the fact that he wanted to go to McDonalds for his 100th birthday and get 100 cheeseburgers. What a character.

I hope Jeff had a good time celebrating his birthday! He deserves it. I hope he's prepared for the super huge celebration we're going to have next year for his big birthday! Everybody mark August 25, 2010 on your calenders now!!!

2 comments:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your house!!! And I figured his favorite food would be a breakfast food, we must have been very deprived of that goodness (oatmeal and cream of wheat isn't fun) because I too love french toast...my favorite meal of the day!

So what are you planning next year??? :)

Amanda said...

Tell Jeff Happy Birthday from us! I totally forgot it was his birthday...because it was posted in the Ward Newsletter that it was months ago?!?! Who would have messed that up?