Friday, July 31, 2009

One of these days...

One of these days I'll post a whole bunch of pictures, but for now I'll just give you a little news. The past week has been CRAZY. Last Thursday we started moving into our temporary home, a 2 bedroom apartment, where we will live until our new home is complete (hopefully in mid-September). Braeden and Carter went with my parents to Idaho for a reunion while we were moving. They had so much fun and I missed them a ton. We were so busy though, it went by really fast. This whole apartment living thing is going to be interesting. We are on the second floor so there are people above us and below us. AH! So, with three busy, sometimes noisy, little boys I get a little stressed out about them bothering our neighbors who seem to be very quiet. Parking in a parking lot is a little crazy. We have assigned covered parking and a nice, but very big, truck is assigned to park next to us. So when I got home last night the truck wasn't parked yet. I tried to park as straight as I could (the truck driver can never seem to get it straight and sometimes I can't fit in with my SUV). So, today when we left our apartment and were heading to the car, I realized that we were sandwiched in. So, I couldn't get the doors open wide enough to load the little guys into their carseats without hitting the truck and car on each side of us. So, I had to back out my car before I could load the boys in. I guess I've been a little spoiled for the past 6 years having a garage that I only had to share with Jeffrey. It'll all work out okay living here, but it will definitely be a little challenging sometimes. We should close on Monday on our house (it should have happened a few days ago, so we are hoping everything works out okay). I really hate moving. This has been much harder than I thought it would be. Good thing we are planning to stay in our new house forever. Speaking of our new house, it's really coming along and we are always seeing progress. It is all framed and the electrical, HVAC, and plumbing is all done. It looks like they are starting the roof today. We meet with the builder on Monday and we should get a new estimate on completion.

Jeff has been at scout camp. So, it's been "fun" being here alone with the boys. Tanner's been a little crazy lately with sleep. I don't think he's been feeling well and has also had a tough time adjusting to sleeping in a new place. So, Weds. night when Jeff was gone, he woke up in the middle of the night for almost 3 hours--NOT FUN. Last night he wouldn't go to sleep until 11 p.m.--NOT FUN again. Tanner has pretty good sleep habits. He never really wakes up in the night unless something is wrong (like being sick). He usually goes down at night really easy around 8:30. So, last night was seriously crazy. Well, I'd better get going.

1 comment:

jen said...

Good luck! It's never easy going back to an apartment, but at least it is only short term. It sounds like your house is moving right along.