We had a fun, fun, fun Halloween week--class parties, friend parties, FHE with the neighbors, trick-or-treating, dinner with our great friends that we don't see nearly enough. Pictures are coming soon. You're not going to believe it when you see Braeden's costume. I can't believe I let him do what I let him do. You'll know what I mean when you see it.
Halloween over and now it's November. A month to reflect on gratitude. Sorry if it's cheesy, corny, and/or sappy, but I'm going to try and post something I'm grateful for every day. We'll see how it goes. My blessing truly are too many to name or count. So, coming up with enough blessings isn't a problem, but remembering to do it--or finding the time could be.
The first blessing that comes to mind is the obvious one--MY BOYS (Jeff, Braeden, Carter, Tanner, and Coleman)! They are everything to me. Last night Braeden was an emotional wreck. I think he was coming off of a high of all of the above-mentioned fun activities (and probably a little too much sugar as well). Tanner was kind of being a stinker at church. Coleman's been keeping me up at night. And, Carter's started throwing little fits (so unlike him). So, this morning I was sitting there thinking about how hard kids can be at times. I was realizing though that these things had ZERO impact on my love for these kids. I love them no matter what. I love them when they're stinkers, when they're dirty, when they're disobedient, when they're obnoxious...I love them unconditionally. I was thinking about how motherhood has taught me so much about how our Heavenly Father feels about all of us--his children. He loves us unconditionally--no matter how we are. I am grateful for my knowledge of that too. My kids are teaching me a lot! Despite their imperfections, I am 100% convinced that I have the best kids in the universe.

1 comment:
great idea! I was actually thinking today I would post something I am grateful for each day in the month as well. We'll see how it goes.
this picture of your boys are cute.
Post a Comment