Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Gratitude for lots of days
Oops, I've fallen behind. I've been too busy trying to catch up on scrapbooking! A few nights ago, I got the itch to work on it. I probably had close to 2 years worth of pictures to work on. I began to feel a bit overwhelmed, but yet at the same time motivated. So, I've been a little distracted with that project. For several years now I've just done digital scrapbooking and I love it. No more cardstock, cutting, and gluing for me. It doesn't even sound fun to me to do it that way--especially since I have 5 scrapbooks to do (one for Jeff and I and one for each of the boys). Anyways, I've been working on all our 5 million pictures from 2009. For some reason we took a whole bunch of pictures that year. Well, actually I know the reason(s). First off, we got a new camera--a second camera. I have my DSLR which is great, but we found that we didn't take it with us everywhere because it's so big and expensive. With lots of little kids + little kids stuff to haul around adding a big old camera on top of that was often times too much. So, we got a little point and shoot camera that fits right in my purse. So, depending on what we're doing we use different cameras. So, we used this new camera a ton that year. Plus, we sold our house and built a new house. We probably took several hundred pictures detailing every step of the home building process. Then, because we were living in a tiny apartment for a few months, we had to get out and do stuff--so that provided us with many outings to take pictures. All these pictures are giving me a lot of work to do in terms of scrapbooking, but how thankful I am for all the wonderful memories we have. Seeing all these pictures reminds me of how much fun we have as a family. I love how my boys are so easily entertained. Simple little things provide them with hours of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment