Monday, November 8, 2010
Gratitude Day 8
So, today we got a little snow here. It was very wet snow and it didn't stick to the ground. I have to say we've had one of the most perfect falls here this year. We've had so many beautiful fall days. Fridays Braeden has early out at school. We had planned to go to the library when he got home. The weather was so incredibly perfect...not too hot and not too cold. The sun was shining and it was simply gorgeous. So, I told the boys we would play outside for a while. So, before we knew all the neighborhood boys were out playing too. They must have been outside for close to 4 hours. They had fun. I think fall is probably my favorite season and it seems as if the weather here sometimes decides to skip straight from hot summer weather straight to the snow. I'm thankful for the wonderful weather we've had. I'm glad to live somewhere that we can enjoy all four seasons. I love the changes. With every season change comes something new and exciting. The snow today made me excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas and all that comes with the holidays. It made me excited to build snowmen with the boys, go sledding, and sip hot cocoa while we watch the snow fall outside. Come next February, I'll be anxious and excited for spring. That's why it's so fun with every season change. We made it to the library today--perfect activity for a cold, wet day. Now the boys (especially Braeden) came home with all kinds of books. Braeden's reading is really improving this year. He started reading his first chapter book today--one from the Junie B. Jones series. He needs help with some of the words, but he was getting most of them on his own. I think he'll really start to love reading now that he can read real stories as opposed to books with very basic words and not much of a story line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment