Friday, November 5, 2010

Gratitude #5

Braeden left for school today with a plastic grocery bag full of canned goods for the needy. His school is doing a food drive and in order to make it fun for the kids, they've added a little twist. They have two huge containers one of which is covered in blue construction paper and has a little BYU sign on it. The other one is red--you can guess what school that represents. All week Braeden has been telling me how full the BYU one is and how the U of U one was lacking. Our boys have really gotten into the whole rivalry thing. They have a bet going with one of our neighbors that are Ute fans, Carter has gotten into discussions in carpool about how he loves BYU and hates the Utes (we don't tell him to say hate, those are his words--not ours). Anyways, this has turned into a long, somewhat unrelated intro. But, I've been thinking about how grateful I am that I was fortunate enough to go to college--especially to go to the two best schools ever Ricks and BYU! Yeah, yeah I know I followed the Mormon Trail from Rexburg to Provo. But, I am so glad to have had the opportunities I had at college. I had such great roommates, wonderful experiences, and learned a lot in the process. What great years and memories. I don't really miss studying for tests though. Knowledge is Power!!! By the way, the rivalry thing is a lot of fun--even though we're TRUE BLUE, we love our RED FRIENDS and at the rate this football season is going, we'll probably be taking a big plate of cookies to our neighbors in a few weeks to pay up on our bet. :)

No comments: