Monday, January 12, 2009

New church callings

Right before Christmas Jeff and I both received new church callings. Jeff was released as the Ward Mission Leader after serving for 2 1/2 years in that calling. He is loving his new calling as Asst. Deacon's Quorum Advisor/Asst. Scoutmaster. He works with some awesome guys that keep things fun. In two weeks he is doing the craziest thing ever...taking some 15 twelve and thirteen year old boys (along with three other leaders) and winter camping. I think it sounds crazy and freezing. Good luck to you Jeff. A lot of his Christmas gifts centered around camping gear. Fortunately the other leaders are not afraid of being called whimpy campers and all have nice cots and a portable space heater for their tent. Jeff has no problem trying to stay comfortable while he camps. I got him ear plugs for Christmas too--I've been to Girl's Camp enough times to know he'll need them if he wants any sleep. Anyways, he is really excited about this neat opportunity. He is already learning valuable lessons that I think will help him raise our three boys.

I think I mentioned that I was released from the YW Presidency a little while ago. I was pretty sad at first, but quickly adapted as I realized that I would have Weds. nights back, not have to worry about meetings, and not have to prepare lessons every other week. I miss the interaction with the girls and the awesome leaders I served with, but felt okay about moving on. My new calling (Activity Day Girls) is a great alternative to young womens. I work with the 10 and 11 year old girls. It's just an activity every other week and no lessons to worry about. I think I'll really like this calling.

No comments: