Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas morning



Christmas day was awesome. We had such a nice, cozy Christmas. Carter woke up early at 6:45. He didn't even realize or remember that it was Christmas so I just let him watch Diego and I got back in bed. Finally at 8:00 I told Carter to go wake Braeden up and tell him it's Christmas morning and that Santa came. It took Braeden a minute to get going, but he was excited when he realized Christmas morning was finally here. He wanted to take a shower before opening presents, but I wouldn't let him. I guess I was too excited. We went downstairs and the boys got to check their stockings. Braeden and Carter were excited to get candy and zip ties (they always want to use Jeff's, so now they have their own to hook their cars, trucks, bikes, etc. together as their little hearts desire), and they got scotch tape to use as they like as well (sick of them always wanting to waste tape. Then we opening presents. We were very proud of Braeden through the whole present opening process--he seemed appreciate and calm. We were worried that he'd act like some out-of-control kid and act hyper and selfish. He was very good about waiting turns to open presents. We take turns opening presents and get to watch everyone else as they open their presents and Santa wraps our gifts so that adds to the excitement too. Tanner had fun playing with the wrapping paper--what a one year old. After presents, we have french toast with strawberries and whipped cream with bacon on the side. I make the kids Santa Claus french toast with cherries. They were so excited about this breakfast. It was so good.

No comments: