Yippee! Summer break is over. Braeden was definitely ready to head back to school. According to him, summer break was just too hot. He loves school. Even though I miss him a little bit while he's gone to school, he has so much fun. He is like a little sponge right now. He really wants to learn. He asks all kinds of questions all the time. He is trying to do math problems (adding up donuts) and according to his teacher is pre-reading. So, I've got my work cut out for me to try and keep him stimulated. My goal now is to try to teach him how to sound out words so he can learn to read. If anyone has any good resources for this, let me know. I couldn't seem to get a serious face from him for this picture. I was also disappointed that the weather was so warm on his first day of school. I wanted him to be able to wear one of his cute new long-sleeved shirts. I always look forward to Fall/Winter clothes. I really prefer them over summer clothes.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Braeden starts Pre-School
Yippee! Summer break is over. Braeden was definitely ready to head back to school. According to him, summer break was just too hot. He loves school. Even though I miss him a little bit while he's gone to school, he has so much fun. He is like a little sponge right now. He really wants to learn. He asks all kinds of questions all the time. He is trying to do math problems (adding up donuts) and according to his teacher is pre-reading. So, I've got my work cut out for me to try and keep him stimulated. My goal now is to try to teach him how to sound out words so he can learn to read. If anyone has any good resources for this, let me know. I couldn't seem to get a serious face from him for this picture. I was also disappointed that the weather was so warm on his first day of school. I wanted him to be able to wear one of his cute new long-sleeved shirts. I always look forward to Fall/Winter clothes. I really prefer them over summer clothes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Serious face" picture? Not from that boy. He's related to JP, so serious wouldn't be right! How exciting for him and for you. We have sight words that the kids learn first...high frequency words that are not sound-out-able like "the". I have them memorize them while they learn letters and their sounds at school. If your interested, it's what boosted our kids big time in their reading.
Post a Comment