Thursday, September 4, 2008

Big Judd's



We went to a family reunion at one of my favorite places in the whole wide world, Island Park. It was my dad's side of the family. So, it was great to see aunts, uncles, and cousins--of course grandparents too! We stayed in a cabin with my family. We had fun horseback riding, canoeing, playing the Wii, and just hanging out.

On our way home, we were able to stop at Mesa Falls so I could finally show JP how pretty it is there. We also stopped a Big Judd's to eat a late lunch (we ate so much it was also my dinner). They serve one pound hamburgers there that are huge! We got one to share among 3 adults and 2 kids. Real healthy, I know. They also have 2 and 3 lb. burgers too. If you can eat a whole Big Judd you get your picture on the wall. When we were engaged we went on a double date with friends Mandy and Dwight and JP and Dwight ate a whole Big Judd and fries. JP proudly got his picture on the wall and felt sick for the next 24 hours.

Thanks for the picture Jessica.

3 comments:

Husky-Big bones-Chubby said...

I think eating the entire Big Judd is a great accomplishment. I too have made the sacrifice and paid the price, just to get my picture on the wall (twice). The trick is to just eat it fast and not enjoy it. You want to get it down before your brain registers that you are full. If you can beat that, you have it made. And after the glory and excitement of being immortalized on the wall wear off, you still have the lingering sick feeling to sit with you for the next few hours, reminding you what you have done. Wow, what an experience. It is almost like a passage into manhood. JP, I salute you for your younger-day accomplishments (and I shake my head in shame that now you share that same meal between 3 adults and kids).

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

I remember that place! I had a few friends get their pictures on the wall too...not me! JP you are crazy. But that's what makes a Palmer, right?!

jen said...

Gotta love the Big Judds. I think Wes has his picture on the wall there from his days at Ricks College.