Saturday, February 27, 2010

COUNTDOWN: 2 weeks (hopefully less)

Two weeks to go! We're ready for this little guy to come anytime now. Hopefully we'll have a picture similar to this one (plus one more boy) soon. I can't believe how young Braeden and Carter look in this picture. Well, I guess they were young--Braeden was 3 1/2 and Carter was 1 1/2. Oh, and Tanner was like 12 hours old or something. We finally have his name figured out--I think. We'll let that be a surprise!

I think we're feeling ready though. After a morning of hard work, the house is clean. The baby stuff if all prepared and ready to go. With the other three boys I had to be induced due to low amniotic fluid. I went to the hospital for an ultrasound yesterday and I have plenty of amniotic fluid right now. So, I am starting to think that I may not have to be induced this time. We'll see. A part of me really wants to go on my own and another part of me is okay being induced. It's all I know after all. Not to mention I have little confidence that my body knows what to do. Last time my doctor checked my cervix, I was at a ZERO and I don't have very many contractions. When I have had my non-stress tests they monitor my contractions. So far it's just be one FLAT line (meaning no contractions! Yesterday when the nurse looked over my non-stress test, she said they usually see at least some contractions at this stage in the game--especially for someone's fourth. I'll get checked on Tuesday and we'll see if anything's happening. Cross your fingers for me. JP and I were kind of hoping he'd be born on the first of March. It's not likely though. Braeden keeps wondering when we're going to have our new baby. I guess he's a planner like me. I'd like to know exactly when he's going to get here too. Braeden's primary concern is the things he gets while I'm at the hospital...ie. certain food items we've been saving for when Nana comes to stay with them. I'll keep you all posted!

Other than waiting for baby boy to get here, we've just been busy keeping up with Braeden, Carter, and Tanner. Tanner is constantly wanting food. I can hardly keep up with his food demands. Jeff has noticed that every time he gets home from work, Tanner is sitting on his barstool eating. Carter is obsessed with the computer lately. He loves to play on Poptropica and Legos websites. It's amazing how well he does. He is still such a Daddy's boy while Tanner is a total Mama's boy. Braeden keeps busy with school. He likes running outside and wearing my Garmin to time himself. He has a little course he runs every time and he tries to beat his record. He is hoping to get faster for soccer and the school race in May.

I just tried running with Braeden this morning--hoping to get some contractions going. It felt great for a minute, then it was just plain painful. I miss running soooo bad! Sometimes I have dreams that I am running. Pretty soon and I'll be able to get going. I hope to run a Half in the fall sometime. That would be a great motivator for me to get back into shape!

No comments: