Kid's bathroom. We re-did the floor in here, the cabinets, countertop, sink, faucet, and painted.
The deck was in pretty rough shape. Jeff had to replace and repair and few parts. Then, we painted it because the wood had uglied out. One thing we have really loved about this house is all the nice, mature trees in our backyard. That's something you don't get with new construction. Planting trees will be one of our top priorities. I especially look forward to planting a few peach trees which tend to grow well in our area.

This is Braeden and Carter's room. They love their bunk beds. It's hard to see in this picture, but there is a window seat in their room. They have spent many Mondays watching the garbage men from the window seat.
This is now Tanner's room. It has just been a playroom most recently. Prior to that it was a guest bedroom. It used to have ugly pink and white striped wall paper. The wallpaper was hard to get off. So, we just covered it with beadboard. This was Jeff's first time doing beadboard. He did a great job. After we got this project done, I decided this room looked to good to just be a playroom. So, we moved Tanner in here.
This is our basement family room. This room was super disgusting when we moved in. The carpet was horendous. It had stains everywhere--crunchy stains. Gross. We tore it out immediately and put down carpet scraps until we remodeled the basement last summer. Then, we put in nice, crunch-free carpet and painted.
This is our master bath. We have loved this big tub. The kids take their baths in here. This whole bathroom had ugly, white blah tile before. It wasn't in great shape as the previous owners did not properly care for tile in a bathroom. Can you say "grout sealer". Ah! Anyways, we put in the cultured marble and cultured granite surround (great for cleaning), ret-tiled the floor, new countertops, sink, toilet, paint, etc.
Here's our bedroom. I need to re-take the picture in better light. Taking interior pictures is tricky. We didn't do much to our master bedroom besides paint and new carpet (the whole house got new carpet).
Here's our main floor family room. I rarely see it like this--it usually has toys all over. This is where the boys like to play. Despite our efforts to keep the toys in the basement or to use one of the bedrooms as a toy room, the boys just like to be where all the action is (ie. where i am).
Here's our formal living room. This is what you see right when you walk in the front door. I hope this makes a good first impression. It's a little hard to tell from this picture, but we painted our railings black. When we moved in, half of the railings in the house had been primed white and the others were the original light oak. Ugh. Jeff installed pergo flooring in the living room/entry way that extends into the kitchen and eating area.
Here's the kitchen. We put a lot into the kitchen. We just had the cabinets refinished. I love how they turned out. The new stainless appliances were just delivered about a week ago (too bad I didn't get to enjoy new appliances myself--our old oven wasn't so great--didn't cook evenly). My mom made the valances for the kitchen and family room. Thank heavens for a mom that can sew well. I'm getting more into lately. But, I've learned everything I know from her.
Here's the outside. I guess I kind of did this in reverse order. I need to get a better exterior picture when it's not so sunny. We love the big tree in the front yard. I seriously thought of having Jeff list it as a exclusion on our listing so we could figure out a way to transplant it at our new house.

No comments:
Post a Comment