Braeden ran in his first race today! The elementary school he'll be attending in the fall was holding a 5k/Kids Run fundraiser race. Since Braeden has been to quite a few of my races in the past year, he's always asking when he can do one. So, this was the perfect opportunity. He was all ready to go. He made sure to wear proper running clothes, his sunglasses, and even my Garmin. Okay, so maybe I was a little bit over-the-top. But, I wanted to know what his time and pace was and the exact mileage. Plus, he sees that I wear it when I run. He was so excited to get to push start on it when he started to run. It was a quarter mile race and he ran it in about 2 minutes 33 seconds. He was so cute. He didn't place (although I told him he did), but he was pretty proud of himself for passing a fellow runner. He told me he was trying really hard to pass him. He's watched Lighting McQueen, Herbie Fully Loaded, and enough race car shows to understand strategy. What a character. His friend Abby came too. They made sure to stretch really good together. It was so cute. Abby's mom, Amanda, is my running buddy/good friend, so it was fun to see our kids running together. I am so excited about this elementary school. Everyone talks about how great it is and it was fun to participate in a school event already. My friend Jodi is going to be the PTA President next year, so we're also excited about that. She did a great job today on the race. Oh, the best part of the event was after his race. He came and sat down with me and in a very serious voice told me thanks for helping him with the race (I had come and run alongside him for a little bit), he said "that really helped me a lot mom" and thanked me again. Sometimes he can be a little stinker, but he has moments like this that make me so proud.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Race Day
Braeden ran in his first race today! The elementary school he'll be attending in the fall was holding a 5k/Kids Run fundraiser race. Since Braeden has been to quite a few of my races in the past year, he's always asking when he can do one. So, this was the perfect opportunity. He was all ready to go. He made sure to wear proper running clothes, his sunglasses, and even my Garmin. Okay, so maybe I was a little bit over-the-top. But, I wanted to know what his time and pace was and the exact mileage. Plus, he sees that I wear it when I run. He was so excited to get to push start on it when he started to run. It was a quarter mile race and he ran it in about 2 minutes 33 seconds. He was so cute. He didn't place (although I told him he did), but he was pretty proud of himself for passing a fellow runner. He told me he was trying really hard to pass him. He's watched Lighting McQueen, Herbie Fully Loaded, and enough race car shows to understand strategy. What a character. His friend Abby came too. They made sure to stretch really good together. It was so cute. Abby's mom, Amanda, is my running buddy/good friend, so it was fun to see our kids running together. I am so excited about this elementary school. Everyone talks about how great it is and it was fun to participate in a school event already. My friend Jodi is going to be the PTA President next year, so we're also excited about that. She did a great job today on the race. Oh, the best part of the event was after his race. He came and sat down with me and in a very serious voice told me thanks for helping him with the race (I had come and run alongside him for a little bit), he said "that really helped me a lot mom" and thanked me again. Sometimes he can be a little stinker, but he has moments like this that make me so proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so dang cute!! I love it! Good for him!
Post a Comment