I ran a half marathon today right here in our own town. No travel time was nice for an early start time. Here I am right after I finished the race. My running buddy/good friend, Amanda, was there to greet me. Amanda and I didn't plan our matching outfits. Great minds think alike I guess. We started running together a while ago and she definitely makes it fun and enjoyable for me. Of course, Jeff and the boys were waiting for me too at the finish line. They also cheered me on at a few other spots throughout the race. Jeff's so good to be so supportive and keep track of the kids while I run and always be there even though it means getting the boys up really early and out the door. This was a really small race in terms of number of participants. It was a pretty hilly run too...lots of uphill. I'm more of a downhill runner. It was fun though. After the race, there was a breakfast at the park. We had fun eating breakfast with friends Kirk and Jen. Jen also ran the Half. It is fun to talk to her about running. She has been running a lot longer than me and she's really good.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Matching outfits...coincidence!
I ran a half marathon today right here in our own town. No travel time was nice for an early start time. Here I am right after I finished the race. My running buddy/good friend, Amanda, was there to greet me. Amanda and I didn't plan our matching outfits. Great minds think alike I guess. We started running together a while ago and she definitely makes it fun and enjoyable for me. Of course, Jeff and the boys were waiting for me too at the finish line. They also cheered me on at a few other spots throughout the race. Jeff's so good to be so supportive and keep track of the kids while I run and always be there even though it means getting the boys up really early and out the door. This was a really small race in terms of number of participants. It was a pretty hilly run too...lots of uphill. I'm more of a downhill runner. It was fun though. After the race, there was a breakfast at the park. We had fun eating breakfast with friends Kirk and Jen. Jen also ran the Half. It is fun to talk to her about running. She has been running a lot longer than me and she's really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You are so awesome. Great job!! If we lived closer, I'd definitely want to join you.
Way to go! Maybe next year I will catch up to you! Great job! You've come a long way since our "walks" around the Provo Temple! Great job Alice! What an inspiration!
Oh my goodness! Nice work, Alice! I've never been a big runner, so I am totally impressed. Anyway, what happened to your biggest loser post? I was thinking about joining you until I noticed it was gone. Did you change your mind, chicken? :) Just kidding. Alright, let me know!
Yeah...I was so proud of you! I'm thinking we need to get our own matching uniforms for our next race!?!?!
We had a lot of fun at breakfast with you guys. I'm so excited for you to do the full in Sept. You're going to do a great job I'm sure! We'll have to get together soon. Welcome back from girls camp. We'll send the pics Kirk got of the half. Great job!
Post a Comment