Friday, July 18, 2008

Back Home!

I got home from Girl's Camp late last night...after two a.m. I was soooo tired as we had woke up at 4:00 a.m. that morning for our hike. Plus, I never sleep good while I'm camping. Besides being tired, I had a great time. We had a lot of fun floating the river (we hit a few rapids), hiking, and being silly with the girls. The girls were so fun this year. It was good to be with them. I feel so lucky to be in Young Womens. I loved YW and Girls Camp when I was a teenager. Now, it's so fun to be with the girls as a leader. I really love both programs. The others YW leaders are really fun and we had a great camp committee. It was a fun time. This year I came home thinking it would be okay to have a daughter. Like I said earlier, last year I came home feeling like all boys is the only way to go.

Jeff did great with the boys. They had a fun time with Daddy. Jeff had to be to work pretty early this morning, but the boys were kind enough to sleep in until 8:00 this morning. So, I got to "sleep in" a little bit. It felt great to take a long, hot shower this morning.

2 comments:

Trent and Rhonda Wardwell said...

I agree, Girls Camp is so much work and drama, but is always worth it in the end. Having 3 girls already, I know I will have more opportunities to go in the future.

I'm glad you survived. ;o)

Mark Christie Family said...

Isn't being a leader for girls camp awesome!!!?? I loved it so much. Hope you guys and your family is doing well. We miss everyone being here in Michigan!!