I can't believe it's finally here--Election Day '08. Even though the polls are all suggesting that Obama's in, I still think there's a chance for McCain. We'll see what happens. It'll be a late night here I think.
Also, I had a sad, emotional weekend. I was released from my calling in the YW presidency. I was pretty sad to leave the girls. I really loved working with them and the other leaders. It's been Girl's Night Out every Weds. for the past two years. I really have a strong testimony of the Young Women's program. It had an impact on my life when I was a young woman. So, I know how much it can help these girls. But, change happens and it will all be allright. Now, I'm nervously awaiting what's next. I have a lot of people tell me that "boy moms" like me are destined to be in the Cub Scouts. We'll see! I'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cub Scouts, here you come. I think Scouts is a good calling though... a lot of fun and such a good opportunity for boys, so consider yourself lucky.
I just got back from the store buying goodies for my own little election result party. I don't know what is going to happen. I'm glad that this year I live on the west coast and I don't have to stay up as late as when I lived in the east. Nonetheless, I will probably bite all my nails to nothing and be totally sick from eating the entire bag of chips by myself! What a couple of years!
Let me know what your next calling is! Maybe it will still be YW? Anyway, didn't stay up all hours to find out results, so this morning it was a terrible hit to the face. I'm scared for our kids futures.
I loved Young women's too. The girls were awesome. Hope you get a new calling you enjoy.
Post a Comment