Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Other big home improvement project


Our other big project is our basement bathroom. When we bought this house we planned to add a third bathroom in the basement. We have a two story house and both baths are on the second level. This was a huge pain when we potty-trained Braeden. If you were down in the basement, you had to run up two levels to the top floor to get to the bathroom. The basement was never intended to have a bathroom. So, it's a pretty major project to have the plumbing brought in. This space used to be a big long bedroom. Now it will be a smaller bedroom that we will use as our guest bedroom and office. They framed the walls today and installed the shower. We are so excited that this is moving along. My dad is coming over tonight to help JP do the electrical. Then, the drywallers will come Thurs. We'll do the flooring and paint when the dry walls in. We are so excited to have this done. When it's all done

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Alice! It sounds like you have your hands full! What a fun project! It sounds like you will have a wonderful home when you are finished with your renovations. Its funny how there is always something to be done somewhere. Glad to hear that your dad and JP are so handy! I hope the best for you and I am sure it will be beautiful! Your family is just adorable, and those boys…jealous!

jen said...

The joys of owning a house! It's actually a lot of fun doing all those improvements. I have become a master at laying tile. Too bad I'm not closer, I could pitch in on the fun!