Tuesday, June 26, 2012
6 1/2 weeks to go!
You know you're getting pretty far along when you get asked a million times at church "how much longer to you have?". Well, I am 33 1/2 weeks along. So, we've got 6 1/2 weeks left! Really this pregnancy has flown by. I think it has defininatley gone by faster than any of my other pregnancies. I guess having four kids and a lot going on keeps me so busy that time just flies. I also get asked a lot if this pregnancy has been different because it's a girl. The answer to that is no, it really hasn't been any different than the pregnancies with the boys. Just like my other pregnancies, I lucked out with no morning sickness. I almost hate to mention that because so many people get so sick and I know that I am so lucky! I just get tired a lot and have the weird carpal tunel/arm issues that I always seem to have. With the weather warming up, I am feeling the heat but not nearly as bad as I thought I would. I had predicted that I would be feeling downright miserable by the point, but I'm really not. I don't feel horrible, I think I felt much worse at this point with Coleman's pregnancy and much, much, much worse with Tanner's pregnancy at this same time (and Tanner was born at the end of November). We are getting excited for this little babe! I am getting a little bit worried about how I am going to juggle 4 crazy boys + an infant. I think I feel that every time we have another one and somehow I get through it. Since this is the grand finale to our family, I just keep hoping that things go smoothly (as much as can be expected) so that I can really enjoy this baby rather than operating solely in survival mode and feeling like wishing the time away. The baby is due August 11th and the kids don't start school until Sept. 4th. Every year I've been complaining that school started so early (usually around the 3rd week in August). I never could understand why school couldn't just start the day after Labor Day. It seemed so pointless to go for a week and then have a holiday. So, this year they changed the first day of school to the way I always thought it should be. This is good overall, but I'm really worried about having all the kids at home to entertain and keep out of trouble with a brand new baby. We are so darn curious about what the girl version will look like. The boys all look so much alike that we could pretty much predict that she will have a similar look. I have slowly been buying some clothes for her and it really is just so much fun. I am really trying to stay in control and not buy too much though. Knowing that she won't have a little sister to hand things down to and knowing how fast babies grow, I just don't want to overdo it. So, I've put a little pressure on myself to limit how much I buy which actually ends up putting me in a position where I overthink things when it comes to buying her clothes. I worry that I'll buy something and then regret it if I find something cuter! Dumb, I know, but after having 4 boys, I'm a little excited for all the girly, cute stuff and really want to do it right! Plus, I know that if this little girl is anything like her mama was, I won't have much time where I have full control as to what she wears and how her hair is done. Apparently, I was a little paticular about what I would and would not wear at a very young age. That is one thing that is going to be a huge change from boys. With the boys, I just hand them their clothes every morning and they never complain about what they are told to wear. It's never an issue. That has been a really great thing about the boys. I am fully expecting a girl to be completely different. Well, I think I've rambled on enough about the baby stuff. We'll keep you posted as things get closer. Before we know it, we'll be heading to the hospital and checking into labor and delivery. I am curious if I will go on my own (mostly) as I did with Coleman or have to be induced (like I did with the other three). With Coleman my water broke, but he was majorly stressing out during labor and having big drops in his heartrate with contractions so they had to give me a shot to stop the contractions so he would be okay. Then the contractions wouldn't start back up on their own, so they ended up getting me some help from my good buddy, pitocin. With the other three, I had to be induced because my amniotic fluid was running low. So, we'll see what happens this time. A part of me hopes that I could go all on my own this time (and as long as I'm wishing, I'd love to have a quick labor too--something that I have never experienced). It's always so crazy to me when I hear of women heading to the hospital and having a baby in the arms a few hours later! All in all, as trite as it sounds, I really just hope for a safe delivery and a healthy baby! That's all I can really ask for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't believe your only 6 1/2 weeks from holding a baby girl! Exciting times!
Post a Comment